The ‘Information Technology Infrastructure Library’ is a set of rules and best practices for IT services. The ITIL helps to ensure that the businesses have stable IT departments that can survive the changes in technology and business practices. The ITIL Practitioner is an expert in regularly examining and improving the IT service development processes.
The ITIL system works so well because its processes are very versatile and flexible. So ITIL can be integrated into any organizations’ system.
The ITIL Process:
The ITIL framework has different elements including practical planning guidelines and improving product development processes. ITIL consists of five phases, each related to a different ITSM lifecycle.
- Service strategy: This is about what goals you want your business to achieve and how.
- Service design: This focuses on IT service design for example the documentation and policies. It will help your business adapt to any changes.
- Service transition: This focuses on the steps between the completion of IT service development and the services going live for users.
- Service operation: This module of ITIL ensures that a problem management process is established to solve any problems that may arise during routine operations.
- Continual service improvement: This is about refining and improving different aspects even after completing the project.
What is ITIL Certification?
ITIL certification is an IT service management certification accepted worldwide. It is comprised of a series of qualifications, each highlighting a different aspect of ITIL best practice. The certified professionals’ help organizations grow by using ITSM best practices to manage risk, increase productivity and build an up-to-date IT environment. This allows the organization to save time and maintain steady growth in business.
ITIL certified professionals are high in demand and almost a necessity for companies these days, because of the valuable skills they have and the growth they bring to an organization.
The ITIL certification is divided into several levels and modules. The v3 scheme has five levels:
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Intermediate
- ITIL Managing Across the lifecycle (MALC)
- ITIL Expert
- ITIL Master
The ITIL v4 scheme has four certification levels:
- Foundation: The certified experts understand the guiding principles of ITIL and the key concepts from Lean and DevOps, among other things.
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional: The candidates learn about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It is designed so different teams across businesses can work with IT practitioners.
- ITIL 4 Strategic Leader: These certified experts have a clear understanding of how business strategy is influenced by IT.
- Master: The candidates can apply different techniques from ITIL in the workplace
ITIL certified practitioners are always refining and improving their skills according to the new ITIL certification schemes. This allows them to adapt to any IT infrastructure and also prepare for changes in the future. This helps consistent growth for businesses even with changes in business models and technology. ITIL certification is considered a must-have for today’s’ professionals of IT.